1. People are everywhere.
2. Most (at least in first-world countries) own a smartphone that they bring everywhere.
3. Because of this, there exists a 'living' network of programmable mobile computers with long-range data-capable antennas.
4. An application could be written that uses these data antennas to communicate p2p.
5. If enough users opt-in, the need for established ISPs and TelCos is eliminated.
If non-repudiation and reliable encryption could be written as an open-source software tool that's easy enough for non-technical, crypto-smart people to use, we could:
* Seriously disrupt the business model of highly entrenched ISPs and TelCos
* Strengthen the communications infrastructure of the populated world
This is my new project. Suggestions welcome.